Menter Siabod a Community Action Group established in April 2003 has been pro active in developing projects in collaboration with its residents, which has and will continue to provide sustainable development involving all the community.
The aims of Menter Siabod are:
- To encourage partnership working with community members, external agencies and local authority by promoting and developing projects.
- Raising the profile of the community and increasing the number of visitors to the area, which encourages the development of a sense of place and belonging.
- Improving the economic and social well being of Dolwyddelan by adding value to the existing facilities and services.
The objectives of the group are:
- To strengthen the community – by increasing social inclusion and participation, improving neighbourhood environment, child activities, tourism and self-help networks
- To promote access to education, meaningful employment and support for those who are vulnerable
- To promote individuals to partake of sport related activities by increasing cardio-vascular performance.
- To facilitate motivation, increase confidence and develop long term potential of the whole community.
- To break down barriers that can act as obstacles to community sustainability